Are You Traveling in Circles Around the Sun?July 20, 2015
Though every day is a gift and I don’t want to live years ahead of days, I do need to see some vision of where my life leads. And though my answer is always evolving, I need to be able to answer the question: where am I going?
We are travelling around the sun in circles, so it might be natural to live our lives in circles. However, if travelling in circles means repeating mistakes and ending up in familiar places, then that is not where I want to go. I want to keep growing, keep exploring, choosing, learning . . . living.
At times, I live in what appeard to be a comfortable routine of life, only to discover I am caught in a dreaded rut. I’ve learned that, for me, feeling comfortable is a warning sign, a red flag, indicating I need to change something. In order to stay on guard, I try occasionally to step back, to ask myself a few questions, and to take the time to honestly answer.
- — Am I living the way I want to? Every day?
- — Am I comfortable?
- — Am I too comfortable?
- — When was I last uncomfortable?
- — When did I last take on something bigger than me?
- — When will I next take on something bigger than myself?
- — Where will I be next year?
- — Where will I be in ten years and am I doing the things that will get me there?
- — If not, what do I need to start doing?
Take a step. Even a little step in the direction you want go. Poco a poco, little by little. A journey of 10,000 miles begins with one step.
This entry was posted in Good Mojo, Small Bites. Bookmark the permalink. ← A Picture of Commitment Do You Do the Things You Like? →