Hi, my name is Scott Ferguson. I write, travel, and help others find freedom in life.
On this site, I share my experiences of long term travel, spending a bunch of time in China, and creating a great life.
We all are learning, experiencing, growing, & living life every day. Perhaps we can learn something together.
Thanks for visiting. Peace.
Scott speaks to audiences of all sizes on topics related to China and traveling. In 2013 and 2014, Scott was an invited guest speaker at Tianjin Normal University, Tianjin, China, where he spoke on the shared diversity and complexity of Chinese and American cultures.
Please contact Scott if you are interested in having him speak at an event. The following list is provided as a sample of Scott’s presentations. He welcomes the opportunity to create a presentation customized to your needs and interest.
• Wandering the Hutongs: Everyday Life in Beijing
• Tone Deaf, Blind, and Tired: How I Learned to Speak Chinese
• So You Want to Travel for a Year … Bring a Good Book and Other Things
• Quarreling Cousins: The Similarities of China & America
• Legendary Chinese Teas!
• Serious Butt Time: Overland Travels from Beijing to Bangkok
• So You’re Moving to China … Advice for soon to be expats